- One year of consistent yoga practice by the first day of class. Your yoga practice can be any format: studio, gym, private lessons, on your own, etc.
- Attend 5 Gentle classes at The Yoga Room to get a good understanding of what an accessible yoga class looks and feels like.
- Be able to clearly articulate why you want to take this training.
- Download the 200 Hour Teacher Training Application and submit it via email, snail mail, or in person.
- After your application is received, we’ll contact you to set up a meeting to get to know a little more about you, your practice, and your goals.
- Complete registration materials.
Applications will be accepted through Dec 31, 2016. Please note that class size is limited to 12, so apply early to secure your spot!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the maximum class size?
In order to maintain a high quality of learning, we limit each Teacher Training session to not more than 12 students.
Can I register for Teacher Training even if I don’t plan to teach yoga?
Yes! The 200 Hour Teacher Training is an excellent opportunity for people who just want to deepen their personal yoga practice. Your perspective may even change by the end of the training and you may decide you do want to teach.
What is included in the training?
- All training classes
- Class of 2017 Private Facebook Study Group
- Teacher Training Alumni Private Facebook Group
- Discounted Monthly Unlimited Pass to build your personal practice and aid in learning
Which textbooks are required?
Light On Yoga, by BKS Iyengar (any edition)
The Key Muscles of Yoga, by Ray Long, MD, FRCSC
When will the training be offered again?
Beginning in 2017, we will offer our 200 Hour Teacher Training only in odd-numbered years (every other year).
Ready to register? Need more information?
Please contact us by email or call us (512-318-2112) and we’ll be happy to help!