In order to make sure all students have the best possible experience in Yoga Teacher Training, we have outlined the following prerequisites:
- One year of consistent yoga practice by the first day of class. Your yoga practice can be any format: studio, gym, private lessons, on your own, etc.
- Attend 5 classes (at least one each of Gentle and Moderate) at The Yoga Room to get a good understanding of our teaching philosophy.
- Be able to clearly articulate why you want to attend this training.
To apply for our 2019 Yoga Teacher Training Program, please download the 200 Hour Teacher Training Application, then submit your completed application via email or in person. Applications will be accepted through December 31, 2018. Please note that class size is limited to 12. We recommend applying early to secure your spot.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the maximum class size?
In order to maintain a high quality of learning, we limit each Teacher Training session to not more than 12 students.
Can I register for Teacher Training even if I don’t plan to teach yoga?
Yes! The 200 Hour Teacher Training is an excellent opportunity for people who just want to deepen their personal yoga practice. Your perspective may even change by the end of the training and you may decide you do want to teach.
What is included in the training?
- All training classes
- Class of 2018 Private Facebook Study Group
- Teacher Training Alumni Private Facebook Group
- Discounted Monthly Unlimited Pass to build your personal practice and aid in learning
Which textbooks are required?
Light On Yoga, by BKS Iyengar (any edition)
The Key Muscles of Yoga, by Ray Long, MD, FRCSC
Ready to register? Need more information?
Please contact us by email or call us (512-318-2112) and we’ll be happy to help!