Traditionally, yoga was practiced individually, with one teacher and one student. As yoga gained popularity in the West, it transformed into a group exercise practice.
In 2018 we're increasing our focus on the more traditional style of yoga instruction because of our strong belief in the benefits it provides.
In a 1x1 setting, the teacher is 100% focused on you as an individual. The teacher creates a customized practice for you, and together you can take the time to refine the sequence, the alignment, and the breathing, so that you gain the maximum possible benefit.
Who is Individual Instruction For?
Individual Instruction is perfect for:
- people who have any type of special issue they're working with (joint issues, balance issues, health issues, injury, pregnancy, etc.)
- athletes who need a customized practice for sports training
- people who have an erratic schedule that makes it difficult to get to the studio for group classes
- people who want to deepen their understand about something they learned in group classes
- people who want to learn something specific that's not offered in group classes (meditation, chanting, breathing techniques, philosophy, etc.)
Individual yoga instruction can help you:
- manage and reduce pain
- manage stress/improve relaxation
- improve sleep quality
- learn to breathe better
- improve flexibility and strength
- improve posture
- balance your fitness training (great for serious and professional athletes)
How it Works
The structure of Individual Instruction varies depending on the student's needs and goals. Generally, at the first session the teacher will conduct an intake to understand your priorities. Then they will design a customized practice specifically for you, to help you work toward your goals. The teacher will teach you the practice, then you will practice on your own at home.
At subsequent sessions, you will update the teacher about how your practice is going, then the teacher will adjust the practice to help you continue working toward your goals.
Generally, we recommend scheduling sessions 2-4 weeks apart.
Please email us with any questions or to book an appointment.
Individual Instruction Pricing
You can purchase your Individual Instruction sessions in person at the studio or online.
Single Session ............................$75
Package of 5 Sessions ............$350 ($70 per session)
Package of 10 Sessions ............$650 ($65 per session)
Scheduling Your Session
Whenever you're ready to schedule your session(s), please email us:
- a short description of what you'd like to work on
- your availability (days of the week and times)
We recommend letting us propose a teacher who will best suit your needs, but if you have a teacher preference please do let us know that as well, and we'll accommodate your request if at all possible.
Please email us and we'll get back to you soon!