- A minimum of three (3) years* of consistent yoga practice by the time of application submission. Your yoga practice can be any format: studio, gym, private lessons, on your own, etc.
- 200 Hour Teacher Training Certification
- A minimum of 100 Hours of yoga teaching by the first day of class. Your teaching can be in any format: group classes, private lessons, etc.
- Attend a minimum of 5 Gentle or Therapeutic classes at The Yoga Room to get a good understanding of what an accessible and therapeutic class looks and feels like.
- Be able to clearly articulate why you want to take this training.
*Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us for additional information.
- Submit the following documents via email, snail mail, or in person.
- Download and fill out the Advanced Teacher Training Application
- Copy of your 200 Hour Teacher Training Certificate
- Resume or summary of teaching hours
- After your application is received, we’ll contact you within 3 business days to set up your interview appointment.
- After your interview we’ll contact you within 2 business days to communicate next steps.
Applications to the Advanced Teacher Training program will be accepted through October 1, 2016. Applications for individual modules will be accepted up to two weeks before the first day of class.
Please remember that space is limited to 12 total students per module. Apply early to secure your spot!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this Advanced Teacher Training registered with Yoga Alliance?
Our Advanced Teacher Training program is pending confirmation of registration with Yoga Alliance. Our 200 Hour Teacher Training program is already registered with Yoga Alliance, so we anticipate no issues or delays in getting our Advanced Teacher Training registered.
For more information about Yoga Alliance credentials, please visit https://www.yogaalliance.org/Credentialing.
Is this a 300 or 500 hour program?
Our Advanced Teacher Training program is a 300 hour program which is open to experienced yoga teachers who have previously completed a 200 hour Teacher Training. The prerequisite 200 hour training plus our 300 hour training equals 500 hours of training. For teachers who have registered with Yoga Alliance as an RYT-200, completion of our Advanced Teacher Training program will qualify you to register as an RYT-500. Visit https://www.yogaalliance.org/Credentialing/Standards/300-HourStandards for more information.
What is the maximum class size?
In order to maintain a high quality of learning, we limit each Teacher Training session to not more than 12 students. In addition to the benefit of a low student-teacher ratio, our faculty provides on-going mentoring and support to alumni.
Can I register for teacher training even if I don’t plan to teach yoga?
The complete Advanced Teacher Training program is designed for experienced 200 hour yoga teachers. Healthcare and wellness professionals who are not yoga teachers may apply for individual training modules.
What is included in the training?
- All training classes
- Alumni Mentoring and Networking private Facebook group
- Private Facebook group for Advanced Teacher Training class
- Discounted Monthly Unlimited Pass to build your consistent practice
Which textbooks are required?
Trail Guide to the Body, 5th Edition, by Andrew Biel
When will the training be offered again?
The Advanced Teacher Training will be offered again in the Fall of 2018.
Ready to register? Need more information?
Please contact us by email or call us (512-318-2112) and we’ll be happy to help!