Today I'm at our Renewing Your Spirit yoga retreat at Canyon of the Eagles, just outside of Burnet, TX. It's lovely here. The sky is overcast, the weather is cool, and the surroundings are calm, quiet, and peaceful. We're honored that 28 of our Yoga Roomies have joined us out here in the hill country for for three days of yoga, meditation, hiking, and astronomy.
Our objective this week is for each person to utilize their yoga practice to turn inward and clarify their focus on who they are and what's important to them, and maybe even how to get the most out of the next chapter of their life.
I know it's not always possible to take a break from your life for this kind of reflection, so I wanted to share with you my 3 step plan for Renewing Your Spirit at home by turning unhealthy habits to healthy habits. Get out a pen and a sheet of paper. Here we go!
- Brainstorm all the areas in your life that you wish were healthier. Remember to consider physical, mental, and emotional health.
- Go through all the items you brainstormed and identify the top 3 unhealthy habits that you'd like to change. These are the 3 items that, if you implemented change, could have the most positive impact on your life.
- For each of the 3 items, create an action plan. How can you turn your unhealthy habit around? Add a timeline to your action plan to help you track your progress.
As you begin to work on implementing your plan, make it a point to be patient, kind, and compassionate with yourself. Remember that your unhealthy habits weren't created overnight and it will take persistence and practice to get your new healthy habits to stick.
I'd love to hear from you! In the Comments below let me know what's going on in your life:
- Are you going to try the 3 step plan I outlined above? Let me know about the healthy habits your creating.
- Have you ever been to a yoga retreat? How was your experience?
- If you've always wanted to attend a yoga retreat but have never actually been to one, tell me what's holding you back.
Lots of love, Zelinda