- Remove your shoes and place them on the shelf in the lobby upon entering the studio. Other personal belongings may be placed in the cubbies inside each classroom for safe keeping during class.
- Arrive a few minutes before your class. Late arrivals are disruptive to the teacher and the students who have set down their mats and settled in for practice.
- Leave your cell phone in your car or make sure it is turned to off or airplane mode. Vibrating cellphones can be distracting during class. (Medical professionals who are on call are an exception to this guideline.)
- Wear modest clothing for yoga practice. Yoga pants or medium to long length shorts and a t-shirt or tank top are appropriate. Please note the opacity of the fabrics you wear. Some thinner fabrics become transparent when stretched.
- Refrain from chewing gum during class. Chewing gum disrupts your breathing and creates a distraction from your practice.
- Refrain from wearing perfume, cologne, scented lotions, or other strong scents. Your classmates may be sensitive or allergic.
- Be respectful of others’ yoga mats and do not step on them without permission.